What is it about tunnels that make them such spooky places? Is it the dark, gloomy, often claustrophobic confines of their cold walls? Tunnels have long drawn to them stories of the supernatural and the bizarre, and indeed they represent some of the most allegedly haunted or cursed places there are. Here we will take a tour through these desolate, dark passages, and explore some of the spookiest tunnels to be found in the United States. Let us delve into these dank, dark realms and the tales of the paranormal they have accrued over the years.
- Hoosac Tunnel, Massachusetts
- Big Bull Tunnel, of Wise County, Virginia
- Church Hill Tunnel, located not far from Richmond, Virginia
- Moonville Tunnel, Ohio
- Sensabaugh Tunnel, Tennessee
- Shanghai Tunnels, Portland, Oregon