Green Ladies are a curious phenomenon, writes MJ STEEL COLLINS. Almost exclusively a Scottish occurrence, with a few exceptions as we shall see later, a few theories have been rolled out to explain what they are. These include that they are the spirits of women that have been enchanted by the fairies; that they are actual elemental beings called Gruagachs and Glaistigs. One thing these green tinged beings often have in common is that they came out the unfortunate party in the eternal game of love, though not all tales follow this theme.
- BORTHWICK CASTLE, GOREBRIDGE, MIDLOTHIAN
- FYVIE CASTLE, TURRIFF, ABERDEENSHIRE
- DUNSTAFFNAGE CASTLE, OBAN, ARGYLLSHIRE
- HUNTINGTOWER CASTLE, PERTHSHIRE
- WOODHOUSELEE, PENTLAND HILLS, NEAR EDINBURGH
- CAERPHILLY CASTLE, WALES